Monday, November 5, 2012

Turkey Tom Twenty Twelve

I love November. I love it. I love it for the weather and for Thanksgiving.

Turkey Tom has become a staple in our family. We love him.

Tonight, we Skyped our Family Home Evening with Derek as we reminded the kids what Turkey Tom is for. He is for our blessings. Each night, we build him a tail made up of our blessings, stating individaully the things we are grateful for. It is a simple tradition that fills me with joy.

So, here is he (his head is cut off, which is foreboding, considering Thanksgiving's main dish...):
Turkey Tom 2012


And for the sake of nostaglia, sentimentality and the fact they are darn tootin' cute:
2011



2010


2009 (when the tradition was born)
Photo

Oh how blessed we are.

I am grateful.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Love the stroll down memory lane. It's fun to see the littler ones make their first appearance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...