Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Hangover

From October 2011
We had a bit of a Halloween-Hangover on All Saints Day. The funny thing about that is my kids ate almost NO candy on Halloween. I couldn't bring myself to let them gorge so, they had, throughout the course of the day, three pieces each! Not much, really.

But the excitement and late-night begging led to a bad case of the grumps yesterday. No one wanted to do anything. No one wanted to play downstairs (WHERE ALL THE TOYS ARE!) and no one could play outside because of a snow/rain mix all the day.

I spent the better part of the day cooking wholesome foods that WEREN'T processed sugar, and no one wanted to eat it.
From October 2011

Basically the post-holiday blues had the kidlets down in the dumps.

I had intended to remove the Halloween decor and replace it with turkeys (sidenote: Why in the world do we decorate in turkeys for Thanksgiving? What other holiday do we use the thing we EAT in its DEAD form as decor in it's ALIVE form? We don't decorate for Easter with cute pigs that we then eat as HAM! WEIRD!) but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Too depressing.

But today, the sun is shining and the kids are LESS grumpy *cuz I might have put them to bed at 6:45 last night...*

I have high hopes. High in the sky hopes.

1 comment:

cheekybabyboutique said...

I think we had the hangover here too and none of them ate much candy either... I had high hopes for yesterday and it was crashed not good until the second half when we were bad and went out for dinner and went shopping at the mall, hobby lobby and the ever so lovely walmart... ANd to raise spirits the tree will be going up soon..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...