Thursday, December 16, 2010

Call it a Miracle.

So, today, I accomplished something I thought to be impossible.

I took ALL FOUR CHILDREN OUT BY MYSELF. Lest you think I'm completely insane, I ONLY did it because I had to. I had no choice, see? Derek had an incredibly important meeting at the house via Skype, and so it was either 1. Stay at home, and try valiantly to keep four children quiet for two hours starting at 7:45 am or 2. get the heck outta dodge. So, dodge we did.

I also managed to get ALL FOUR CHILDREN plus myself dressed and out the door ON TIME. (We will not be discussing whether or not I showered... ahem...)

Then, since the library doesn't open until 10am, nor does the Children's museum, we went to Burger King. Yup. It was the only place I could think to keep them contained AND happy for two hours that opens early enough.

They liked it fine, and did well, until Oliver got tired. (See picture.) He's not asleep, really he's not. He just grabbed that blanket and said, "BED!" and then laid down as IF to go to sleep. That's when we left. I only had to drive aimlessly around town for 15 minutes before Derek called and said all was clear on the home-front.

Thank goodness because Ezra chose right then to totally blow out his diaper.

PERFECT TIMING!

All in all, it was a success. No one got hurt (seriously) or had a potty accident (Oliver did have a lovely gift in his diaper for me, but I suppose that's my own fault for feeding him a fast-food breakfast, yes?) Basically, I loaded 'em up with sugar and let them run.

That's right, folks, I am a pro.

ETA: Click here and die of cuteness overload. I have GOT to learn how to do stuff with yarn, ya know?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Alice said...

I totally wish I could have been a fly on the wall at Burger King for the whole "Bed" moment. So hilarious. I sometimes, as an adult, feel like Oliver did in his tired moment. Why can't we go back to childhood and just stop, drop and nap at these moments? Oh childhood...how I miss thee! Sounds like you are truly a pro, if you can manage wrangling 4 kids. See, four isn't that many! You should born at least three more girls.

Lori said...

You brave, brave, brave, brave, brave, brave woman.

Erin said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling well enough for a Burger King outing. We've been thinking healthy thoughts in your general direction!

lexi marie said...

I definitely agree with Alice, three more girls. you're super woman you could do it with your eyes closed. :)

McCrazys said...

I feel like I just read a blog post from my own future if and when we have a fourth. You are a good mom. You wanna know how I know? You have a good enough sense of humor to snap a picture of the child laying on the ground at Burger King before the evacuation. Give yourself a big pat on the back. =)

Alisa said...

A miracle, indeed! Congrats!

The Nelsen Family: said...

You rock! Seriously.

LOVE those knitted (crocheted?) animals. Couldn't make 'em if my life depended on it. Sigh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...