Spencer had a rough afternoon.
His nap was less than an hour, which is unacceptable, and there is NOTHING I can do about it.
Not a huge deal.
So, we go outside to enjoy wearing t-shirts in December. That was great until Spencer came up to me whimpering and showing me his hand.
His beautiful little baby hand that was being eaten by fire ants.
So, I did what any mother would do. I swore and started swatting them off his hand and arm. Poor darling. I missed one on the underside of his hand and it got him a few times before it met it's death.
Then I brought him in and cleaned his wounds which were LARGE welts (especially for being such tiny little bugs) and gave him a benedryl.
This made him loopy.
So, he fell down and cut his eye on a toy.
I ended up just holding him the rest of the afternoon. We sang songs and read books.
Some days, it's beter to just stay inside. I can totally see why agoraphobes don't leave their houses. It's not practical, but at least no nasty bugs can eat my baby.
And finally, I was tagged by my friend Alisa, so here goes the Mommy Tag:
1. What time do you wake up?
Henry and/or Spencer is/are my alarm clock. Usually 6:00. It hurts. I need to go to bed earlier.
2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed?
We start at 6 and lights out at 6:30. It's lovely. We've tried later but no matter what they don't sleep later, and they are tired. So, for now, it's our thing.
3. How long have you been a mommy?
3 years, 1 month and 2 days. (I figured that out by myself, but it was easy...)
4. How old were you when you became a mommy?
I was 22.
5. What is your favorite chore? Probably vacuuming because there is no way to vacuum unless everything is picked up. It's the icing on the cake.
6. What is your favorite meal to cook?
I have several that are going on our menu when we own a resturant, but my FAVORITE is probably just good ole tacos. So good. Homemade tortillas make the meal.
7. What meal do you cook most often?
I've gotten good at rotating. We almost never have the same thing in a month.
8. What are 5 things about being a mom that make you smile?
1. Henry saying, "I lobe you SOOO much Mommy!"
2. Spencer saying just about anything.
3. Henry "helping" me all the time.
4. Spencer singing and dancing.
5. Their smiles and laughs.
9. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? Just to see grandparents on either side. They adore their grandparents.
10. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
Derek's birthday, Nov 16th. It was lovely.
11. What was your most heartbreaking moment as a mommy? Easy. 2 summers ago, at theater camp, Henry fell twice in an hour and had to go to the ER. His head was all smashed up. 17 stairs, and then a metal chair onto a wooden cabinent was BAD. But, that wasn't the worst. Two days later he fell off a chair and reopened the HUGE gash/bump on his head. I was at theater camp with him when it happened and I remember sitting in the copy room of the high school holding an ice pack to his little smashed head sobbing my eyes out while he cried. It.was.awful.
That, and the moment I realized I was miscarrying. That was pretty damn awful too.
12. When was the last time you told your kids you love them? 20 minutes ago when I was leaving their room for the night.
13. When was the last time you were told, "I love you."
When I kissed the boys good night.
I tag Sarah, Jen and Pyper. :)