Saturday, June 28, 2008

5 years...


Photobucket

This is our engagement photo...

So, today, Derek and I have been married for five years. WOW! Time flies. I don't think I could have predicted all the changes that have come our way in the past five years, but I do know that I'm so grateful to have been through it all with my dear sweetheart. What a blessing he is to me! I love him more than ever! He's a wonderful husband, who always tries to put my needs first, and an amazing father to our boys. He loves them and takes amazing care of them. He supports me in whatever I decide to do (which is sometimes a bit nuts...)




Henry and Daddy 11-9-05
Year Two


I'm so thankful for him. What a great guy to celebrate an anniversary with! Today, we went to see a movie, sans children (Get Smart, it was so so so fun!) and then to dinner at the fanciest restuarant in town (Harry's, they sell a $37 prime rib, we ordered a hamburger and split it) and now we're eating anniversary cheesecake and watching Spiderwick Chronicles.




At Daddy's Graduation
Year Three





We're leaving for Wisconsin on Thursday, and then three weeks later, when we get home, Derek is headed to Vegas. He'll take our little Corrolla out there and stay with his cousin while he works and finds a house. Then, he'll fly home at the end of the month and we'll pack up and drive the mini-van out. It's all very exciting.

Photobucket
Year Four


For those of you who were wanting more details- Derek was just hired as a professor for his third year internship. He'll be teaching at UNLV whilst being a student at K-State and writing his dissertation. He'll be crazy busy. I'm excited because there is a doula group out there that seems to run the town and they are quite willing to let me in on it. I'm thrilled. We're VERY sad to leave our dear, wonderful friends here in Kansas. Henry has fantastic two year old friends, that is the hardest for me. I UNDERSTAND why we're leaving and that we won't be near friends any more, but my poor baby has no clue. I'll just load him in the car, and he won't get to play with Everhett anymore. It is KILLING ME! Sorry to be a bummer there. I just struggle with change and so I'm trying to just work through it all. ARG!


Year Five

Five years...

Who knows what's next?

4 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations on 5 years!!! Its fun huh!! How far will you be from Erin?

Erin said...

Congratulations little boo! :-) We are so excited to have you closer! :-)

Manda said...

Congratulations! You guys are so cute, and adventurous!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Morgs :-) I can't believe it's been five years! I think the last time I saw you was at your wedding reception! Congrats to Derek on his position as well. Hey, Vegas is a lot closer to Oregon than Kansas! Who knows, maybe we'll get a chance to come see you sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...