Sunday, August 16, 2015

Miriam turns three

Shannon Hale wrote to describe the connection of mother to daughter that a girl-child is, "cut and sewn from her own soul."

Oh oh yes.

My boys, they are my heart beat.

And my girl, she is my soul.

Three years ago, my soul was born again: in my little bedroom, surrounded by the beating of my heart.

Miriam came, and she is magic.

Now she is three. She loves babies, music, drawing, reading, dirt, candy, her brothers, her daddy, the animals, the trampoline, and me. She does love me a bit too.

My little soul-sister,  how grateful I am for her. Her gentle spirit is a contrast to the man-cubs who dominant the joint. But she holds her own, with her fire and her opinions. Her brothers who we could not do without, love her fiercely. They are learning priceless life lessons about how to treat a lady. I love how they love her.

My Miriam is three.

My dream girl. I'll eat you up I love you so.

2 comments:

Brian and Kelsey said...

She is getting so big! I feel bad for any boy who dares ask her out.

Morgan Hagey said...

For real. Poor girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...