Friday, March 15, 2013

Play Dough Saved the Day

Winter does not seem to understand that we've broken up. It was a good run, but I'm ready for a more serious relationship with spring, you see? 

It's totally not me, winter, it's you. 

But the temperature. Well. It's being frigid. The kids are still trapped inside. I did send them out the other day and Henry lost his boot in two feet of snow, and it's still out there somewhere. 

Yesterday it was crazy town. RUNNING and SCREAMING and FIGHTING. 

So, I did what any desperate mother would do. 


I made play dough. 

TWO hours of blissful playing. NO fighting. NO crying. BLISS. 

Typically, I hate play dough. It's messy. It's sticky. But this? Worth every bit of clean up. 

In other news, this little doll is SEVEN months old. 

Amazing. 

2 comments:

HannahW said...

We make ours with EOs or spices and playing with it fresh, soft, and warm... yes indeed it soothes the soul. My moment is a first time ever grandparents/grandbabies moment that I just happened to capture! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/03/this-moment_15.html

Alyson | New England Living said...

Sorry you came during the longest winter I've ever experienced in New England! I have seriously never seen snow here in March. Quite strange, especially in comparison to last year where we had only one snow storm the entire winter, and it wasn't even that much. As for me, I love winter and snow, I think it's gorgeous, but when it's March I am ready to move on to spring. This is craziness this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...