Thursday, February 2, 2012

Nosy Kids Can be Nice

Henry and Spencer are EXCELLENT listeners. When I don't want them to be.

Isn't that fun?

Derek and I will have a conversation that we think is all hush-hush, and then one of them will walk up and say, "I heard you and Mommy talking about (insert random thing here)."

Derek's first line of action is to say to them, "DON'T LISTEN!"

We decided that wasn't an option we wished to perpetuate. I mean, beggars can't be choosers ifyouknowwhatImean.

So instead, we are learning to keep important, non-little-ears convos to after bedtime.

Other times, we don't even realize it's happening.

 Case and point: The other day Derek was saying how much he liked this funny kitchen thingy:
From Drop Box

But gosh wouldn't it be better if it had some measurement markings on it?

A while later I wandered back into the kitchen (I do that a lot. I'm HUNGRY) and found this:
From Drop Box
Yes, friends. Henry had overheard and taken it upon himself to add measurement markings to the weird, pour-y-spout-y kitchen cup thing. 

Thanks Bud. That will help SO SO much!  My baking will never be the same.

Nosy kids=awesome.




3 comments:

Stacy said...

My only advice is to unplug the baby monitor before you have any adult discussions. You know this.

Unknown said...

So glad he put his nosiness to good use! Mine just like to know what we're talking about. We need to be better about keeping conversations for later. Gosh I love you kids! And you and D too!

Unknown said...

That is one of the most adorable things ever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...