Monday, August 8, 2011

Millions of Peaches

\
From Drop Box
Ezra has taken to eating peaches for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He.loves.them. I have taken to using them as bribery to allow me to get stuff done. Need to do dishes? Here, Ez, have a peach slice!

So, yes, I'm using food as comfort for my child. Don't judge me. The fuzz gives him some good leverage when the rest gets slippery from saliva. And he LOVES them. And it lasts all of 5 minutes before he is demanding to be held again. 

Between nursing all night long and sobbing if I dare leave his side, I'm feeling worn down. It's normal, developmentally and all that, but goodness, my house is showing the pain of it all. He's so darling, and he's growing and starting to figure out that he wants to crawl, so a lot is going on in his little brain. I understand!

Plus, all that nursing is going straight to his thighs, and I think he's pretty self-conscious about his fat rolls. 

So, I use peaches to buy myself some time. Yes. I do. I managed to get the dishwasher loaded today because of those sweet, succulent summer fruits. 

Ahh, delicious. 

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Our babies are the same. Plain and simple.

Tonya said...

I think peaches are the perfect way to keep the wee one busy so you can get a break! My mother's generation used to plop us in a playpen for hours to get things done!

Tonya said...

I think peaches are the perfect way to keep the wee one busy so you can get a break! My mother's generation used to plop us in a playpen for hours to get things done!

heather said...

Whatever it takes. At least peaches are healthy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...