Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Almond Orange Banana Bread

In an attempt to live my manifesto and be creative, I "created" a new version of banana bread. Feel free to drool.
From May 2011
Want the recipe?

I thought you might. 

Morgan's Almond Orange Banana Bread

3/4 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
4 brown, mashed bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp almond extract
1-2 tsp orange extract*
1/2 tsp salt**
1 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour***

Preheat Oven to 350
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and bananas together. Mix very well.
Add extracts, soda and salt, Mix lightly.
Add flour. Mix well.

Grease a large loaf pan, bake 1 hour (ish).

Optional:
*Add half a cup of chopped almonds.

*Replace the orange extract with 1/2 cup orange juice, but if you do, you MIGHT have to add a bit more flour.

1 tsp of orange extract gives the bread the tiniest hint of tang, and two packs a bit more punch. Do what feels right.

** If you used salted butter then leave out the 1/2 tsp of salt.

***Don't be freaked out by the whole wheat flour. It adds a bit of girth to an otherwise not so healthy "bread." If you're too terrified, you can use 2 cups of white, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wheat. TRY IT before you judge, all righty?

And P.S. this is fantastic hot, but it's even better the next morning. Mmmm.
Let me know how it goes! 

4 comments:

deila taylor said...

This looks and sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

TJDKG said...

Think I can use ALL whole wheat flour? or oat flour in there? i guess only one way to find out.. try it.. now i need to buy more bananas... we just finished our ugh.

Morgan Hagey said...

Jauna- Probably! Use 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat.

Unknown said...

I have this bread in my oven right now ... except when I went to pour my orange extract into my teaspoon it was GONE! Why was it in my cupboard?? I'm bummed that I don't have any, but I'm still trying it without it, lol. Smells so good. I'll be buying more at the store soon so we can try it with the orange.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...