Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Did you know?

Apparently, I'm "crafty."

Yup, it's true.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm not so good with looking at a pile of "crafting" materials and magically seeing what their potential is. HA! Not at all.

But, I am an awfully good copy cat. If I want something I find on the internets, or wherever, unless it involves power tools (which I don't own), I can figure out a version that is cheaper.

Case and point: These very cute little boy watches. My boys love watches because Daddy has a watch. (Mommy has been through many watches over the years and is now resigned to using the clock on her cell phone.) But I wasn't interested in spending the $8.50 a piece on them.  Plus,I had everything I needed at home.

And while mine are NOT as well done or as cute, they took an hour from start to finish (for 2!) and the boys are in LOVE.

From February 2010
So there, I'm crafty.

It's all in an effort to save money, live more simply and basically. It's a part of our NYR (remember, food vs edible crap?).We're finding that SO much of what we want/need is actually just "edible" crap. Things we CAN use because we have them, but not things we MUST use.

And no, felt watches are not something we NEEDED, but the fact that I was able to thrill my lil' dudes for free is pretty great, in my opinion.

Now, I'm off to craft peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... at least the bread is homemade. :)

2 comments:

BloggingBills said...

You get it from me. There were lots of times that I made things (think Erin's fabric blocks that spelled E-R-I-N) that I saw and copied. Hence the reason I have about 12 huge boxes of fabric. I can usually make it from fabric or wood (but not if it involves power tools).

Not so much with food though. Only bread-y stuff. Not so much with entrees. I sort of suck at that.
MA

Alisa said...

Cute idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...