Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The New Place

So Morgan has not posted pictures of the new place and well, people keep asking what it looks like, so I found some pictures of an almost identical place. I will explain the pictures and the difference between them and the place we are moving into. I will try to keep it interesting but I am not much of a blogger like my beautiful - wonderful wife.
This is the outside and well it is just on the next street over from where our townhouse, and the exact same look on the outside. If you look you can see we will have a two car garage which is attached to our neighbors two car garage which is what classifies this place as a townhouse and honestly in Las Vegas we have about as much land (none) as if we had a detached house because homes here have no land and if they do it is all desert landscaping which is code for ROCKS which my boys would just throw at eachother.

This is the living room and well it is pretty much the same too. Nothing exciting but bigger than our current living room.
This is the loft - which is really like a small family room upstairs. It is different because our place does not have a wood railing it has a wall that makes me feel more secure that my kids will not try to climb over the top, but if there was a railing like the one in this picture my kids would definitely try to climb over it.This kitchen is practically identical too. Henry was so excited when he saw the fridge (not pictured) because it has ice and water in the door just like Gran and Papa's - except it is black and their's is white.

This is my favorite part notice not only does it have two sinks in the Master Bath, but it also has a separate bath tub and shower, I have never had a separate bath and shower, but when I cleaned up after the construction guys in the new homes I always wanted to have a bath with the separate bath and shower - I had the best boss ever when I did that job, she took me out to lunch like everyday (my mom rocked as a boss-yep I worked for my mom).

So that is kind of like what we are moving into in the furthest northwest you can go in Las Vegas before you hit just desert. So much better than what we are living in now-only downside is there is no pool in our complex, but a park within walking distance with a water feature, soccer field, and a tot play area as well as a bigger kids play ground.
Thanks for reading.
Derek

16 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Congrats to my husband for his inaugural blog post. That was a first! :) We are super excited about our new place.

Yasmine said...

Good job Derek. You did well, but Morgan is definitely more entertaining.

Love the new place. Thanks for the tour.

Alice said...

I am so excited to have a new place to stay while visiting Vegas! That is so fun! Derek, you are a great blogger! You should do more of this!

Unknown said...

Derek, well the blog was informative and with a few bits of humor added. You are right, it was nothing compared to some of the fun-loving, satiracal blogging your wife can type. All in all, I would read you again. =-)

Still love you though!

Alisa said...

Simple, to the point, and witty (like your wife)! Thanks, Derek!

And congrats on the new place...such an upgrade from the drug needle-filled playgrounds!

Will you still have room for guests?! ;-)

Morgan Hagey said...

Alisa- We are planning on you. :)

BloggingBills said...

Derek congrats on the inagural blog. There's a first for everything. It only gets easier from here.
The new place looks great and I'm certain you guys are going to love it. Having moved pretty much my whole life I know that moving can be painful but I know it can also be a fun adventure. Here's hoping you have little pain and lots of fun adventures with the move! Much love to all.
-Kent

The Nelsen Family: said...

So much space! I'm jealous. :) Congrats on the new place!

Chelsea said...

I rather enjoyed this tidbit from Derek. I miss you all.

BloggingBills said...

Derek,
You are the man! Way to go with the blogging! Keep at it and you too can be a blogger like your wife.

We love the new place! Can't wait to see it!
Anne
aka MA

BloggingBills said...

I visited your place today and saw the new house. Very cool. I'm also talking to your Dad on Skype at the same time. Very cool!
Later,
Me

BloggingBills said...

P.S. "Me" is your favorite Uncle!

Morgan Hagey said...

Uncle Wayne, I'm so glad you clarified because I had NO idea who's place had been visited by whom...

BloggingBills said...

Hey Boo...Any chance I can come visit for a weekend before school starts in your new home? Let me know :D
-Caleb

Morgan Hagey said...

Caleb- of course you can. :) sarah was trying to come down too, you should coordinate. I'll buy you chicken and yogurt. :)

Jen said...

Looks like a great place! Good luck with the moving and getting settled in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...