Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"What's that...curry taste?"

Did you know that if you OVER "curry" a recipe, it tastes AWFUL? I mean, spices like cumin, you can't really screw up, but curry, EW! I was making a new recipe, and well, I spilled the curry, and well, it was really really really gross. It turns bitter. I was a curry-virgin and like most "first times", it was a bad experience. (Wow, that was rude, but oh so clever.)

So, we had spaghetti.

I use Henry as my "taste-tester." He'll try and eat anything and 99% of the time, he LOVES it. So, when he informed me that dinner was "yucky," I believed him. I'm so glad he is a good eater because he really will eat just about anything I put in front of him. But not "creamy curry pasta primavera." The worst is, I wasn't just cooking for US, I was also cooking for my friend Lisa and her family. But, her half wasn't over-curried. Hopefully, it was edible.

Spencer is sick. Again. A fever. He cried all day. Poor darling.

Oh, and yesterday, Henry didn't want to go to bed, so after we said his prayers, he jumped up and declared, "UH-OH, I didn't hear the prayer." I believed him. I thought maybe he was really tired and had fallen asleep during the prayer (it wasn't THAT long, but still....) So, I said it again. And I KNOW he heard that time. But, again, "Uh-OH! I didn't hear the prayer!" Yeah, I'm slow, but I did catch on that time.

Another funny Henry-ism, (one I shall use as blackmail later on)... when he has a stinky diaper and I ask him if I can change him, he'll say, "NO! I'm not done pooping!" He is SUCH a liar!

And in closing, I am officially addicted to diet coke. Well, okay, I've been officially addicted for a while, but the first step is admitting it right? So, there, I admit it. I think that is the ONLY step I'm prepared to take.

4 comments:

MM said...

I despise curry in all forms so the idea of LOTS of curry makes me want to cry real tears. What a terrible beginning for a dinner. Good think spagetti was on standby. Henry is so funny. The image of him scolding Isaac will forever live as one of my favorites! I would have loved to hear him try to postpone bed-at least he wanted to pray rather than throw a temper tantrum! :-)

Chels said...

You really will use that story forever. When I was about Henry's age my mom would go to change my diaper and ask, "Who pooped in your pants?!" I'd say, "Cherrow did it" (because I couldn't pronounce Cherryl-- the aunt who babysat me at the time). Then my mom would say, "Oh I'm going to have to call her then." So I said, "She's not home."
To this day my mother tells everybody that story whenever anybody brings up stories about infancy. To this day whenever we're at a family function and I happen to spill something or get caught snitching dessert early I still swear that "Cherrow" did it.

Mike, Anna, Mikelle and Kaylee said...

My mom made curry chicken once...my Dad ended up taking us all to McDonalds afterwards. Haven't had curry since. :) That Henry is a funny boy, isn't it crazy how clever they get so young!

Alisa said...

I love Diet Coke too. That's why i don't keep it my house or i would be addicted. I love the Henry stories. Sorry Spencer is still sick. Poor guy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...