Thursday, July 14, 2011

Moments

I find that as a stay-at-home-mom (mostly) I'm easily distracted by the things that don't matter. The moments when I think, "I MUST GET THIS LAUNDRY FOLDED RIGHT NOW!" I forget that there are more important things people than that. This evening, after a fun, FUN busy day, the boys needed some love. I needed to get the dang laundry situation under control.

I had an internal fight about this. Laundry? Or Boys? Or Laundry? OH THE LAUNDRY!

But will it matter, in 20, 30, or 40 years, to my boys that their clothes were sorted and neatly folded in the drawers? Or will it matter more that their mother played and sang songs with them at the piano?

Ezra was extra fussy, so into the moby he went. He loved it! He kicked and squealed. I only played for 10 minutes, and then we all did laundry together, with boys floating in and out as their attention span allowed.

Then baths and bed.

Just ten minutes.

So much more than laundry was done this evening. The dishes? Well, friends, there is always tomorrow.
From July 2011

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...