Thursday, July 9, 2009

To blog

I want to be blogging, really I do.

But I usually do my blogging at night, because, well, Henry likes to watch Transformers on Hulu (LOVE Hulu) during Spencer's naptime, so my 'puter is thusly occupied.

So, night time it is.

Except.

For a small child who we like to call Oliver.

See, Oliver USED to sleep. Like, a lot.

He slept so much that people would recommend waking him to eat.

Well, I tell you what. Apparenty, he did all of his sleeping for his whole danged life, in the first 11 weeks.

Week 12 hit, and he was all, "You know, Mom, giving you a break and sleeping for 5 hours straight SEEMED like a great idea. But now, I'm thinking, yeah, not so much."

So, now, instead, he kicks, cries, fusses, smiles, toots, eats, talks, spits, drools, wiggles and whines from 5:30 pm until he finally passes out at 11pm.

It is VERY frustrating.

So, I don't blog.

On the nights I'm home (which are only the nights Derek is not) I rock and rock and bounce.

On the nights I'm gone (which are the nights Derek is home, do you get how our schedule works, now?) Derek rocks and rocks and bounces.

On the the nights we are both home (like, uh, Sundays) we take turns. It is SO fun.

I am really loving it.

Right now, Oliver is sitting here, kicking, fussing, etc. It is 10:04 pm. I am DONE for the day. I was DONE 2 hours ago. No amount of me saying, "You are grounded!" in a very firm tone, illicits any amount of change in behavior from him. Well, usually, he stops whatever he is doing (kicking, drooling, whining, etc) and gives me an adorable grin, as if to say, "Whatever, Mom, you asked for it! And you love it!" Henry didn't sleep for approximately 12 months of life. I am worried this something Henry is teaching Oliver during the 2 minute showers I sneak in during Transformers.

So, in the meantime, all I can really seem to manage is quick online banking, buying a ceiling fan off Craig's list (it is SO cute, it's a baseball mitt and ball as the light, and the fan blades are baseball bats) for the boys' room (Okay, Derek did the buying, I just voiced approval), and very fast doula email checks, and that is it.

So, I may be somewhat absent for a bit, while I rock and bounce and bounce and rock, but it is not because I don't love you. It's just because Oliver cries louder and kicks harder.

Kisses!

4 comments:

Yasmine said...

I will miss my healing and therapeutic does of my Morgan, but I understand. You do what ya gotta do.

BloggingBills said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry. I know what it's like. I used to sit in the rocking chair with you while your dad was out in the field and beg you to sleep, just a little bit. Or to stop fussing! Been there.

MA

The Wolford Family said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I remember when Zach was little and I would sit in his room and cry and BEG him to sleep!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

The Wolford Family said...

I didn't mean to laugh I really feel for you I'm just glad I'm not there anymore - I'm toooooo old and tired!!!! You are young and don't need the sleep!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...