Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It all started at Denny's

So, we *tried* to go to Denny's today because, well, they were giving out FREE Grand Slam breakfasts, but we failed. Mostly, because the wait was like eternally long.

Trouble was, we told the boys ahead of time they got to have pancakes and syrup.

And that ruined the whole day.

I'm not kidding. It's the only thing I can think of that would have caused both of my boys to be in such foul moods all day.

It was a long day.

Dinner seemed to perk them up a bit. Spencer loves corn, afterall. ( I served more than corn...)

Finally, Derek, who had been working from home all day and was witness to the horror, declared, in his infinite wisdom, "We are going to get ice cream!"

and we did.

And then they were happy.

And I was happy that they were happy.

And I was irritated that all it took was a homemade dinner and then ice cream.

And I put my perfectly content, happy babies to bed.

Tomorrow better be better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...